In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Everyone was for tariff protection and everyone was against non-white migrants.
- After a brief spell, the French decided the universal rights of man did not apply to non-white people.
- But I have more non-white friends in Greensboro, Alabama than I do in London.
- The other problem is that many of the really great non-white reporters out there are just too much in demand.
- It reveals that more than half of whites have no non-white friends and that only 20 per cent of whites have a Muslim friend.
- ‘Dark’ included pure brown eyes, usually of non-white people, and all other shades of brown.
- It took the nation almost three quarters of a century to accept non-white immigrants.
- Sadly, for non-white people associated with football, racist comments come as no surprise.
- The residual vote rate of a county does depend on the percent of non-white residents in the county.
- Our family lived in a small town in the interior of B.C. and we were the only family that had non-white children.
- Subsequent legislation in 1971 and 1981 has made it more difficult for non-white immigrants to enter.
- I try to put that pro-immigrant message and the interests of immigrants and non-white people in the center.
- After all, so many of these new post-1965 immigrants are non-white people living in a predominantly white society.
- By 1966 most of the regulations restricting immigration of non-white people to Australia had been removed and multiculturalism was adopted.
- When Springbok head coach Jake White announced his squad, there were 11 non-white players in it.
- Teaching American history without stirring accounts of non-white heroes and cultures is irresponsible as well as divisive.
- What then are the reasonable openings for non-white actors in plays which, as a matter of historical fact, were written with white actors in mind?
- Other reports of the march suggested that among the crowd there was quite a high percentage of non-white people, overwhelmingly Muslims.
- Ben, if you don't believe in violence against non-white people, why did you so actively partake in it?
- In the United States there was also at first no restriction on immigration, at least until non-white persons began immigrating in large numbers.
1persona de color femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.