In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The healthiest fast food is assorted seafood with udon noodles in soup, with just one teaspoon of oil.
- It is Sichuan spicy noodles with meat sauce, with a tiny bit of chicken stock to make the red sauce less greasy.
- Keeping to a Japanese theme, I'm using soba noodles and tamari soya sauce - the real stuff, no additives or caramel, simply soya beans, salt and water.
- Many shelves at Beijing's major supermarkets are bare of groceries such as instant noodles, soy sauce, meat, vegetables and vinegar.
- For me, the art of udon is twofold: the freshness of the noodle and the flavour of the soup or dipping sauce.
- Add the udon noodles, soy sauce and oyster sauce and cook until heated through.
- The worst crime you could commit against pasta, according to Italians, is to rinse the noodles after you cook them.
- The menu includes roast beef, vegetable curry, smoked salmon, Japanese noodles in cold soup, and fried noodles and small hamburgers for children.
- Most people come to Tokyo expecting to eat sushi, maybe some sashimi, and probably some sort of noodles (soba, udon, or ramen).
- The soup was rich with pasta noodles and chicken pieces and came with toast.
- The shrimp were good, the noodles boring and the sauce incredibly hot.
- For the udon noodles, in a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients, season, and set aside keeping warm.
- For the udon noodle with ‘Asian’ pesto, the recipe says this dish can be served either hot or cold, so I first tried it cold.
- Other grain products are sometimes steamed like couscous, such as whole or cracked grains, grain-shaped noodles similar to European soup pastas, and even vermicelli.
- Instead, choose slower-burning carbs, such as red potatoes, yams, brown rice, pasta and buckwheat noodles.
- Meanwhile shred the cabbage, carrot and onion, and cook and cool the pasta or noodles.
- It was more soupy than thick and meaty, the nicely spiced broth containing translucent noodles, thin strips of beef, bean sprouts and whole green onions that were almost sweet.
- I absolutely love the Beef Hor Fun (broad strips of rice noodles cooked with beef in a thick sauce) there.
- For soup with an Asian flair, substitute Udon noodles for the egg noodles, soy sauce for the salt, bok choy for the peas, and add some hot peppers and fresh garlic.
- Buckwheat flour is often used in pancakes, bread and pasta, and it's mixed with wheat flour to make soba noodles.
1anticuado(fool)bobo masculino coloquialboba femenino coloquial
2(head)coco masculino coloquial
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.