In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We are testing some samples and suspect it is norovirus, we should get lab confirmation early this week.
- Nineteen people have submitted stool samples that tested positive for diarrhea-causing agents: Campylobacter (14), norovirus (3), salmonella (1) and Giardia (1).
- Norovirus is the most common cause of infectious gastroenteritis in England and Wales.
- O'Connor noted that the norovirus has many different strains, making it difficult for a person to develop long-lasting immunity to the infection.
- "Real difficulties are caused when norovirus is introduced to closed environments such as hospitals, residential homes or schools."
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.