In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The trusts will operate as not-for-profit organisations, be free to borrow either from the public or private sector plus recruit their own staff.
- Last month they reopened the school as an independent not-for-profit charity.
- It is a not-for-profit organization and is licensed for 454 acute care beds.
- It is registered as a charity, operates as a not-for-profit company and the programme includes lots of different activities.
- Public and not-for-profit organisations face a different set of problems.
- Its aim is to make it impossible for governments to run public services on a not-for-profit basis, without the participation of private companies.
- A lot of people very unhappy with how much you make running a not-for-profit organization.
- The function of not-for-profit entities like libraries, museums and archives is also changing.
- The Community Channel is a not-for-profit digital television channel owned by charity The Media Trust.
- Plans to transfer thousands of council homes into the hands of not-for-profit landlords could be put to six public ballots.
- It also specialises in providing services to charities and not-for-profit organisations.
- After all, we're essentially trying to create a new system of accounting for the not-for-profit sector.
- It would be run by a not-for-profit fund or charity.
- As a not-for-profit publication we cannot, of course, endorse either team.
- It is rather like handing NHS hospitals over to private health charities and not-for-profit companies like BUPA.
- Interest is sought from not-for-profit organisations to manage accommodation that links both support and housing.
- As a registered charity, the not-for-profit theatre does not have huge resources on which to draw if extra marketing is needed to promote a show.
- He announced that Railtrack would be taken into administration and replaced with a not-for-profit public company.
- Gillies has served on the boards of more than 35 public and not-for-profit organizations.
- Lismore Unlimited is calling for not-for-profit organisations in Lismore to apply for events assistance funding.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.