1nadathere's nowt so queer as folk — hay de todo en la viña del Señor
- Then he joined the local council as an office boy and began a slow climb towards the top by keeping his head down, saying nowt, doing as little as possible, and under no circumstances taking any decisions.
- I suppose this is what I have to look forward to in the foreseeable future, as Zoe is now otherwise engaged (which is great, don't get me wrong) and I have nowt better to do.
- ‘When in doubt, do nowt,’ goes the Yorkshire saying.
- I respected his principled stand, but when it came down to arguing with management, stopping redundancies etc. his principles stood for precisely nowt!
- When contacted last week, he barked: ‘I've nowt to say,’ and referred calls to his lawyer, who confirmed that a legal case had been dragging on for some time.
- Recently realised I watch more on C5 than I do BBC1 or ITV (because I watch nowt on them), which was interesting.
- But he still did nowt until a Crown Derby plate, which had been a wedding present to their late Mum and Dad, vibrated off its hook in the front room and smashed into a thousand pieces.
- As for the report that other people have made a collection to pay his fine - I can only think of the old adage, ‘There's nowt so queer as folk.’
- There's nowt so queer as Yorkshire folk but they've been accepted into the community.
- And now I'm back I'm fit for nowt - completely knackered.
- As the old countryman would say: ‘Well, it's better than nowt, but it's nowhere near mother's milk.’
- I turned to the lovely wife and said: ‘That's nowt - I've been doing that for years.’
- ‘Nothing’ and ‘anything’ are fine compound words, but I like the brevity of nowt and owt.
- Had I dared venture into that ultimate feminine domain, Mrs C would have taken a shotgun to me - ‘This is woman's work and nowt to do with thee.’
- I've just come back, but I've done nowt wrong, I've just had enough.
- There is nowt wrong with a bit of politics mixed in with dance and you'd be wise to go and see Rambert's performance for yourself - even hardened dance-phobes might be pleasantly surprised.
- You get nowt for nowt, and the current collapsing values of private and occupational pensions have been a stark warning of the dangers of betting your future on the financial markets.
- See, this is what happens when I can't always log on; when I try and it works, I feel like I ought to write something, even when I've nowt to say.
- Honest, I was really nice about it but nevertheless I did have to wonder if they really wanted to leave town where there are some great ‘eateries’ for a place where there's nowt!