In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ácido nucleico masculino
- The cell uses a related nucleic acid called RNA (ribonucleic acid) to construct a working copy of that strand.
- There are two types of nucleic acids, DNA and RNA, both of which are suitable for the transfer of information.
- Proteins are polymers of amino acids, while nucleic acids are polymers of nucleotides.
- The concentration of protein and nucleic acids in extracts and the molecular weight of DNA were subsequently determined.
- The order of amino acids in proteins is recorded in the genetic code housed in the nucleic acids, DNA and RNA.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.