In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1llamada anónima (molesta) femenino
- A commercial office operation may be interested in minimizing nuisance calls while a hospital might be working toward eliminating emergencies and optimizing manpower effectiveness.
- Other nuisance calls included a woman complaining to ambulance staff that she had broken her fingernail and another ringing for help with her shopping.
- They can now ask the commissioner to put a stop to the nuisance calls.
- Have you ever had a nuisance call?
- Sure enough, sweetie that he is, Roddy logged over 200 abusive nuisance calls over the course of the next ten minutes or so.
- During this same period, my home telephone and my mobile phone were subject to nuisance calls.
- He stole a phone and made nuisance calls to family members.
- It was also an area identified by the fire service as a hot spot for fire-related incidents and nuisance calls.
- During one class, I received 18 nuisance calls.
- It was a false alarm and she was charged with making nuisance calls.
- That ended the nuisance calls.
- Does the call management system offer sophisticated pacing technology that permits limitations on nuisance calls and keep agents talking?
- Police are investigating complaints of an alleged campaign of poison pen letters, nuisance calls and vandalism directed at local Liberal Democrats.
- The bizarre calls were highlighted in a blitz on time-wasters by the Avon and Somerset force, after more than 8,400 hoax or nuisance calls between June 2007 and July 2008.
- He also received a number of nuisance calls over the weekend, although he said he has no idea who was behind them.
- She also admitted breaching a 12 month conditional discharge imposed on August 20, for a host of similar nuisance calls to the emergency services.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.