In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Informáticacalculadora femeninocomputadora femenino
- We want people to engage in the visual world around us, to think about it - not just number crunchers, but people who think about what those numbers mean and engage with that in a more critical way.
- How to take this power away from the polls and the number crunchers and return it to the football field where it belongs?
- But it's not so long since Intel wanted us all to see the 320-odd CPU Itanium 2-based number cruncher Toyota has put in place for the much the same applications.
- No need for an old number cruncher, with the young kids coming in with their notebook computers and their accounting software.
- The classifier is the statistical core of Spambayes, the number cruncher.
- An immense network of 10,000 to 20,000 Alpha processors will form the basis of this formidable number cruncher.
- Probably not much if you simply use your computer for recreational purposes, but for number crunchers and workstations, you better get reliable ram.
2(person)contador masculino América Latinacontadora femenino América Latinacontable femenino Españacomenúmeros femenino España coloquial humorístico
- A noted number cruncher, Mr. FitzGerald believes the Nice referendum will be passed this time.
- The government's chief number cruncher released previously concealed record low consumer confidence figures yesterday in the Legislative Yuan.
- Analysts said that if Chen could manage to do both without increasing the national debt, then he's a better number cruncher than previously thought.
- The version of McNamara that people are familiar with is McNamara the number cruncher who was the chief architect of the conflict in Vietnam.
- Our expert number cruncher takes you through the likely state by state outcomes from tomorrow's election and also finishes with a biting commentary on Australia's political leadership.
- There's no guarantee that the brilliant number cruncher can do that now or any time in the foreseeable future.
- If a client's a number cruncher, I'll bring four people to a meeting, and my clients will feel like there are eight people back at the office working for them.
- Most people think of Pay Corps people as desk-bound number crunchers up to their eyeballs in financial paperwork.
- In other words you're not interested in accountancy for its own sake - you're not just a number cruncher.
- Prentice, the chief number cruncher for the health initiative, did not believe it bore out such sweeping conclusions.
- In total, the number crunchers reckon some 9.7 million households in the UK have Net access.
- And in that corner, we have Helen Sommers, a diminutive, 72-year-old number cruncher in reading glasses.
- Now the number crunchers and analysts are providing the figures to support our bearish assumptions.
- Hurtig said parents don't want to see dollars taken away from the school's other programs to appease institute number crunchers.
- Looking ahead, the number crunchers reckon the merged business could achieve a growth in revenue of between 30-40 per cent in 2004.
- How would you as an epidemiological number cruncher begin to sort out those patterns?
- None was prepared to comment until their number crunchers had a chance to mull over the figures.
- She wasn't a number cruncher, it was a good thing for the cast and even better for the crew.
- Our expert number cruncher Charles Richardson takes you through the likely state by state outcomes from tomorrow's election and also finishes with a biting commentary on Australia's political leadership.
- Not just a number cruncher, Hamilton was also a lawyer, general, and first-class flirt - and the architect of the national economy as we know it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.