In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1zoquete masculino coloquialtarugo masculino coloquialtaruga femenino coloquial
- I'd love to help, but I'm a numbskull about such issues and would hate myself if I gave somebody bad advice.
- He's clearly not the most talented person, but we love to watch these numbskulls and untalented folks get further than you think they would.
- Their children are deep-fried, drug-soaked numbskulls, the adults hapless lemmings in their SUVs, heading straight into the back-end of the American dream.
- I give the nice lady painstakingly detailed directions, not that it's hard to explain, but I want to make sure that the halfwit numbskull who will next attempt to deliver my package has more than enough information to do his very simple job.
- In case anyone is planning on it, my advice is: you'll hardly find any more than fifteen numbskulls ready to sign the thing, so don't be disappointed!
- The Horseshoe is best avoided if there's a Celtic v Rangers match on telly, because it occasionally attracts numbskulls who can't handle their booze.
- A ten second bout of fisticuffs from the numbskulls who play for Newcastle United seemed to dominate the sports news for an entire week.
- Sure, numbskulls still permeate every stadium, and the larger the following and the more successful a club become, the bigger the proportion of obnoxious fans.
- Now various unreflective numbskulls seem to think that there is a contradiction between consuming American culture and being critical of the U.S. government.
- Is an isolated outbreak of yobbery involving a few dozen numskulls really going to dissuade the private sector from investing in, and profiting from, a new business deal?
- If you are the biggest numbskull in the world you will get by on good manners.
- Glasgow's put upon tourism wallahs must have watched The Hand of God with dismay as another herd of sectarian numbskulls blackened the city's reputation in front of a UK audience numbering millions.
- But apparently, the economically semi-literate numbskulls at the New Pravda - and the rest of the mainstream press - still can't be bothered to get the facts straight.
- A dealbreaker for me is believing in astrology, which is handy since so many numbskulls blurt out references to astrology very soon after you meet them.
- And those numbskulls down the street are apologizing for failing to pass anti-lynching laws 100 years ago.
- It is one of the supreme ironies of feminism that after cajoling and haranguing males to be more sensitive to emotional cues, Botoxed women display all the facial animation of literal numbskulls.
- The game could be described as a simple left-to-right-scrolling romp in which a costumed numbskull fights baddies before battling an oddball boss, but this really wouldn't do it justice.
- He exorcised the assumption the free market was only for numbskulls.
- After all does it not confirm their stereotyping of the US as the land of gun-toting numbskulls who shoot first and ask questions later?
- What in the hell were these numbskulls thinking?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.