- To convert a fraction to a percentage, divide the numerator by the denominator.
- From this we observe that the rows of numerators and denominators of the terms in the Stern-Brocot tree are computed independently of each other.
- In other words, a number is rational if we can write it as a fraction where the numerator and denominator are both integers.
- If you calculate the divergence for different species of plants, you find that both the numerator and the denominator are usually Fibonacci numbers.
- We stop when the fraction has a numerator or a denominator of 1.