In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1numeroso… and others too numerous to mention — … y otros que sería interminable enumerar
- By that time, chess had taken root and chess events became more numerous.
- Cookery books became ever more numerous, directed now at servants as well as housewives.
- The nominees are too numerous to mention - but you can see them all here.
- Winifred related that numerous calls to the education office were in vain.
- The far more numerous examples of human goodness are barely noticed.
- But the Atlantic cod was by far the most numerous, valuable and important.
- Despite numerous complaints from the whole of the queue, the cashier did nothing.
- Anglicans were the most numerous in the city, with Quakers a close second.
- They became so numerous during the Palaeozoic era that their remains often form vast thicknesses of limestone.
- Productivity is notoriously difficult to measure, as numerous studies have found.
- Sixty-five U.S. investigations have been launched as well as numerous international studies.
- There are also numerous examples in the USA, where he has long been popular.
- His aggressive, diabolical performance earned widespread critical praise and numerous British stage awards.
- And of course television news is even worse, as numerous studies have shown.
- Community care legislation has grown piecemeal though numerous statutes over the last half century.
- Landrieu had been on the senate floor opposing those budget cuts on numerous occasions.
- The result is that numerous museums all over the country are making exciting new acquisitions.
- He won numerous awards - many of which were documented by the Evening Press.
- There are also numerous other prizes to be won.
- Wilson has received numerous awards and honors, including the National Medal of Science.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.