In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nupcias femenino formalesponsales masculino formal
- Bobbing for apples, for example, was used to predict upcoming nuptials - the first to grasp an apple without the use of their hands was said to be the next to marry.
- The couple are still to set a date for their forthcoming nuptials.
- When the nuptials were completed, we created a ‘just married’ sign and placed it on the bedroom door.
- The nuptials were eventually called off for good.
- Such nuptials were a union in name only, as only the king could recognize a marriage as valid.
- Best wishes to Clive Burgess and Trish Connolly on their forthcoming nuptials.
- World Weddings tells five personal stories of nuptials in extreme, hazardous or divisive situations around the world.
- We're going to see the vicar this evening to discuss our forthcoming nuptials.
- Keanu Reeves, Sting and singer Billy Joel - who both performed at the reception - were among those invited to the nuptials..
- But note, wedding gifts must be given before the nuptials.
- All we hear is how our nuptials will lead to the downfall of western civilization by eroding heterosexual marriage.
- The political marriage between the Tories and Alliance is all but complete, but there is still a vocal contingent that objects to the nuptials.
- The UK is a fantastic place for you and your partner to spend your honeymoon after your nuptials are completed.
- Hundreds of people turned out for the nuptials, including CNN's Paula Newton.
- With a future that includes a little recording, a lot of touring, upcoming nuptials and hopefully an abode to call his own, all seems well.
- Carl tracks him down in true bloodhound fashion, arriving at a pre-wedding bash just in time to put the kibosh on the nuptials.
- Guys aren't the only ones who complain about brides-to-be talking of nothing but upcoming nuptials.
- Today, guests can see the room where the nuptials took place, sample his work in the drawing room, and admire a stained-glass ceiling inspired by his poetry.
- They daydream about the jealousy in the eyes of friends when they announce the forthcoming nuptials and the wonderful future life in the sun.
- The 40-year-old actress has allegedly told friends and family to keep an entire month free for the spectacular nuptials.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.