In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pre-escolar masculinoparvulario masculinokindergarten masculino América Latinajardín infantil masculino América Latinajardín de infantes masculino Río de la Platabefore noun nursery-school education — enseñanza pre-escolar femenino
- nursery-school teacher — maestro de párvulos
- Her daughter Lisa, 27, a nursery school teacher, has no problem with the way her mother dresses.
- Zac is now basking in the pride of his mum and dad and the praise of the police and his nursery school, which gave him a special merit certificate.
- Southway Nursery School in Bedford has become the first nursery school in the county to be awarded Beacon Status.
- It also has a nursery school as well as a community centre where local people can learn dressmaking, leather work and carpentry.
- This plan is for a mainstream school for 210 pupils and a nursery school.
- Toddlers have been riding their bikes to raise money for a new roof for their nursery school, which has passed its Ofsted inspection with flying colours.
- Mrs Ver said she was delighted the present nursery school was praised by education watchdog inspectors despite the state of the old building.
- The hall is used for the monthly meetings of a physically disabled group of people and as a nursery school five days a week.
- For this reason, he eliminated the terms nursery school, play school, and infant school.
- Perhaps employers should be selecting candidates on the basis of the nursery school, rather than university, attended.
- My nursery school teacher, Alma, took our class of three-year-olds on a trip to the fire station.
- The groups of youths have been skateboarding around the playground, breaking a fence around the nursery school and smashing windows.
- Younger children with working parents often stay at nursery school or kindergarten until the early evening.
- She worked as a nutritionist in a nursery school, where she also coordinated a community garden and community kitchens.
- Would fees be imposed on sixth-forms or nursery school?
- The nursery school at McGill did not survive beyond five years and the reasons for this were never clear.
- Past and present pupils and staff of a Sheffield nursery school which is due to close later this year are to hold a reunion later today.
- It was packed with vital equipment for a new nursery school, hospitals and orphanages.
- A sign language that has been specially designed for communicating with tots has come to a Swindon nursery school.
- A nursery school is independent of any school for older children, although it may feed into a particular one.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.