In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dueño o encargado de un vivero
- Try insecticidal soap or ask your nurseryman for a miticide.
- Some flower more quickly than others, so ask your nurseryman for bloom times.
- A founder of the native-plant movement, he was admired by botanists, nurserymen, arboretum and public garden directors, and authors.
- Colonials such as the Pennsylvania nurseryman John Bartram collected plants and seeds for the growing network of botanists and plant enthusiasts in Europe.
- Ask your nurseryman for a foliar fungicide to discourage outbreaks.
- They hybridise readily in gardens and our nurserymen have had a field day, producing as many as 300 different varieties for us to choose from.
- Again, consult your nurseryman for the best pesticide.
- First, if you've missed the deadline for ordering seeds from a catalogue, try to buy them from a nurseryman or garden centre where the ambient temperature is cooler than in a supermarket.
- These plants are sometimes described as the nurseryman's friend.
- Remember, it's well worth asking a nurseryman about the plants available - you may need more than one for a tree to bear fruit.
- The nurseryman sent thousands of plants all over the North Island and quite a lot to the South Island.
- Ask your nurseryman about fungicides that might offer control.
- If you're unsuccessful rooting cuttings - whether in a glass of water or a pot of rooting mixture, ask your nurseryman about tree availability.
- And just to be sure, confirm its true identity with a reliable nurseryman.
- I would suggest you take some leaves to a certified nurseryman for proper disease identification and recommendation of a foliar fungicide.
- I don't see this perennial that often in local garden centers, but ask your nurseryman about availability.
- Recent introductions of foliage heucheras from Oregon nurseryman and plant breeder Dan Heims are making a big splash.
- During the nineteenth century jobbers and nurserymen looked after private gardens on yearly or seasonal contracts and rented out fantastical floral arrangements for balls such as the one a Mrs. West gave in 1818.
- Show your nurseryman a basic sketch, and ask for suggestions.
- ‘People have had success with these,’ the nurseryman said as he handed me a commercial gadget to ward off my intruders.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.