In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Raw food is much more nutritious than cooked food, and is more satisfying in smaller quantities.
- The healthy eating campaign to persuade Scots to eat more nutritious foods will be launched in January.
- The food was healthy and nutritious, and most of the Americans liked it, but wished for fresh food.
- The majority of their income goes to rent and leaves them with hardly any money to buy nutritious food.
- It is her conviction that nutritious food need not be rich and expensive.
- It aims to tackle health issues and diet-related illness by increasing access to fresh and nutritious food.
- On the food arrangements, fresh and wholesome nutritious food will be cooked for the children.
- Sponsor a child to provide funding for education, health care and nutritious food.
- The food bank distributes recipes to encourage people to cook nutritious low-cost meals.
- We need to continually remind them of the nutritious and tasty foods we have in our seas and on our lands.
- While snacking is perfectly acceptable, make sure snack foods are nutritious.
- They did get healthy, nutritious food even if it was all low-fat and low-calorie.
- No matter how tasty and nutritious the food prepared at the hospital, its meals can only suffer from a journey across the city.
- Feeding your family with healthy, nutritious food is not easy when money is tight.
- This workshop will look at the link between nutritious food and general health and well being.
- To popularise this nutritious food, it is also giving away a small recipe book.
- What they want most is delicious and nutritious food that is practical and easy to make.
- It became clear they wanted more nutritious food and they were willing to change their eating habits.
- The science is clear - organic food is no healthier, safer or more nutritious than non-organic food.
- So eat nutritious food while you are pregnant for yourself and your baby.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.