In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pista de obstáculos femeninocarrera de obstáculos femenino
- An obstacle course at the facility, in Sowerby Road, Acomb, York, was set alight, along with picnic tables.
- Team One reported back to the Commander as Team Two began their assault on the obstacle course.
- As a former member, I can believe it - my own initiation, as I dimly recall, involved a blindfold, several ‘dirty’ pints and an obstacle course across the Pleasance courtyard.
- The students were given the chance to tackle a range of activities, including an assault obstacle course, aerial runway and mini bikes.
- Twenty-three robotic vehicles, designed to operate without human guidance, set off yesterday to navigate through a desert obstacle course in a US military-sponsored race.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.