In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pista de obstáculos femeninocarrera de obstáculos femenino
- The competition was divided into two teams, Blue and Green, with 12 competition types, including aerobics, a bag relay race, an obstacle race, and a horse ride.
- We had some sports today, the chief interest being in the boxing & the obstacle race.
- This will be followed by a children's fun evening which includes a three-leg race, sack race, skittles, tug-o'-war, obstacle race, egg and spoon race, penalty shots, throw the wellie and other events.
- During the show, the 51 clubs in the county will compete for trophies in events such as stock judging, an obstacle race, a tug-of-war and, more unusually, salsa dancing.
- Sounds like something from the Sunday School Picnic rather than a global sporting event, just like another discontinued event in the swimming, the obstacle race.
- When the going got too tough, the comedy got going in the form of treasure hunts, scavenger hunts, spin-a-yarn, obstacle races…
- Spectators took a keen interest in the obstacle race.
- Children also have opportunities for some competitions like song and dance events, fancy dress show, treasure hunt or obstacle race.
- Also in there is five-year old me giving the bouquet to Kathleen Watkins, me coming third in my school's obstacle race, aged ten, and me receiving an Oscar for best sound engineering.
- It included sack races, spud and spoon races, obstacle races, three-legged races and a tug-o-war and sprints for all the kiddies.
- Other discontinued Olympic events include live pigeon shooting, rope-climbing, an obstacle race and something called the plunge for distance, in swimming.
- For the international event, the students will be working on slightly complicated models in a three-event module - vision robot rescue race, legged obstacle race and stair climbing robot.
- You need activities that can be done in pairs, such as a three-legged race or an obstacle races that need partners.
- Events included an egg and spoon race, a sack race, an obstacle race and a javelin throw.
- All the children participated in the fun obstacle races where a range of athletic ability, stamina and sense of humour were displayed.
- The Primary Year students were involved in different obstacle races throughout the morning.
- Now the other thing I noticed in the result, was an obstacle race.
- A new introduction to the skills weekend was the inter county fun obstacle race.
- The Superstar events included an obstacle race, gym tests, steeplechase, basketball, cycling, swimming, football drills, rowing and an 800 metres race.
- Organise simple races between the children, for example weaving in and out of trees along a certain length of the park, a hopping race, a three-legged race or an obstacle race.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.