In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(ticket/information/merchandise/results) conseguir(information/results/merchandise/ticket) obtener formalsalt can be obtained from sea water — se puede obtener sal del agua del mar
- to obtain sth for sb — conseguirle algo a algn
- we can obtain that book for you — le podemos conseguir ese libro
- But the bill does not definitively bar statements obtained under torture or other abuse.
- This might seem unusual, yet something similar may well be obtaining in many marriages.
- This gender inequality obtains everywhere in this sector.
- It is also suggested in the article that the same obtains in the United States, although no real source for that information is given.
- The licensed acupuncturist also obtains informed consent from each patient.
- The analysis was performed on natural log-transformed data, and parameters were obtained directly from the analysis.
- But how does all this fit with what obtains here at home?
- The same pattern obtains for Islam, as Woodward includes miracles associated with Muhammad and then a number of Sufi saints.
- Consent was also obtained from parents and students.
- He suggested that his apparent support for official policy was obtained under duress.
- The results obtained by the 2 methods of specimen handling and DNA extraction were indistinguishable.
- Because he felt as if he could never obtain what the couple shared.
- The same foolishness, the same sterility, obtains in the ‘not serious’ as in the ‘serious’.
- Under the old billing system, accountants and corporate officers could not easily obtain necessary data or documents.
- There is absolutely no desire here to tinker with what obtains.
- Or are we to go semi-professional like obtains on the domestic soccer front in Ireland, with such little attraction for fans.
- That situation still obtains in the case of the distribution of power, resources and opportunities among the four provinces of the state.
- The parameter estimates were obtained using simulated maximum likelihood with Halton sequences as described by Train.
- Sadly, Dr Mumba's discovery at the ministry of Lands gives a clear picture of what obtains in the entire civil service.
- The volume of apoplastic fluid obtained by centrifugation increased gradually when the centrifugal forces increased.
- I should note that Welborn Rule obtains here: all posts to me are subject to possible posting, so be forewarned!
- The commissioner found that the leave form was not authorised and the sick certificate was fraudulently obtained.
- A new strain was one that had not been isolated from sputum samples previously obtained from an individual patient.
- Serum samples were also obtained from 25 healthy blood donors which served as controls.
- A genus-species relation obtains when a proper definition of the form X = YZ is possible.
- We understand that over one million people in South Africa have fraudulently obtained licences or have none at all.
- All estimates are obtained using four driving values and bridge sampling.
- Do they use the same sort of violence and threats to obtain what they want?
- It'll be my turn to prod the jelly tomorrow if silence still obtains.
- It is our hope the situation obtaining on the Copperbelt is not a passing phase.
- Probes were obtained by PCR amplification of the indicated loci.
- After genetic isolation of P insertion chromosomes, the flanking sequences were obtained by inverse PCR and sequenced.
- Fifteen years later, no shared national understanding obtains about those events.
- Overall equilibrium obtains when these three markets are in equilibrium.
- If the consent is dishonestly obtained, then there is still dishonesty.
- A Catholic would say the same thing obtains with the Blessed Virgin.
- But Descartes insists that a rational distinction also obtains between any two attributes of a substance.
- The same of course obtains with respect to the ethnic grievance groups that oppose such measures in the name of equal treatment.
- Suppose you start off with no information about which of the four possible combinations of truth values for A and B obtains.
- Maps obtained in these studies are based on the third and the fourth extractions.
1(exist)(practice/belief) imperar formal(conditions) estar dadas
2(be valid)(theorem/law) regir
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.