In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)relativo a las producciones teatrales estrenadas fuera de Broadway
- It was running off-Broadway when I was in NY in 1999.
- An off-Broadway actress, Kelly is loud, friendly, and is one of those people that everyone else seems to know.
- The Signature Theatre Company, one of the most important for the promotion of American playwriting, produced the work off-Broadway in May.
- By age eight, she had an agent and was studying dance and performing arts, appearing in TV commercials and off-Broadway plays.
- She appeared in Broadway and off-Broadway productions.
- Subsequently it became an off-Broadway theater, an art film house, and a commercial cinema.
- Several of his plays were performed off-Broadway last year.
- This is one of those campy off-Broadway shows that secretly delights in its own awfulness: the theatrical equivalent of a movie like Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.
- Finally, we know that Dale is an off-Broadway actor who moves in and out of the text.
- It was great fun to work in this high-fashion world while doing off-Broadway theatre.
- In 1988 she finally caught a break when a glowing review of her performance in an off-Broadway show helped her find an agent who then got her some television work.
- All told, there were 2 off-Broadway houses and 7 studio performance spaces within a few storefronts of each other.
- This quirky off-Broadway hit began life at a New York City punk rock drag night in 1998.
- Diesel's acting career actually started off-Broadway at age seven, and later, at school, he majored in English because he wanted to learn to write screenplays.
- That's the premise of Richard Day's Straight-Jacket, a new off-Broadway comedy that opened in New York in June.
- The actress began her career when she was eight years old in an off-Broadway production of Sophistry.
- This was a surprise hit when it opened off-Broadway in the spring, with direction by Jason Moore and Choreography by Ken Roberson.
- One of her girlfriends who worked off-Broadway told her a secret.
- Nancy wanted Kennedy to try out for the lead role in ‘Falsettos,’ a musical that would open off-Broadway in the summer of '98.
- The production has an authentic off-Broadway aura about it yet never tries to be more than what it is - a little show that managed to hit the big stage.
- A los teatros de Nueva York que no se encuentran en Broadway, se les denomina off-Broadway. Por lo general son más pequeños y menos rentables y en ellos es más probable que se representen obras vanguardistas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.