In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1conducción (de un) todoterreno femenino
- I admit straight out that the most serious off-roading I did with the H2 was when I turned too wide for my driveway and put half a tire on my lawn.
- And its results fall far short of what most Dales residents and visitors want - namely, a complete legal ban on off-roading in the national park.
- In the old days off-roading involved clunking mechanical levers and double declutching.
- We are determined to do all we can to save this site which is ideal for off-roading because of the varied terrain.
- Compared to other sports off-roading attracts large numbers of participants and large numbers of on-lookers.
- So if off-roading is high on your list of priorities, this latest diesel Landcruiser is top of the category.
- The more a car has been designed for off-roading, the cleaner and less damaged it is.
- Many large 4x4 vehicles exhibit a certain amount of wander under such conditions, as off-roading requires a degree of looseness in this regard.
- Rather than motocross or rally off-roading, the Ulysses is intended to potter along fire trails and bridle tracks.
- Despite eight inches of ground clearance and a nifty descent control that lets you safely crawl down hills, the X3-like the X5-is not really meant for off-roading.
- I once witnessed a fellow journalist, who fancied himself as a dab hand at off-roading, make a simple mistake and get it all terribly wrong.
- It also has information related to training if you fancy some off-roading!
- He admits frankly that the 4x4 potential for off-roading would rarely be used by customers.
- Cooling is also important, since most off-roading is done at very slow speeds with the engine and transmission straining against the terrain.
- The organizers promise plenty of exciting off-roading.
- The ride quality is reasonable; the suspension is geared to off-roading rather than sheer comfort.
- Rangers from the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority have joined forces with the police to tackle the problem of illegal off-roading.
- He has designed and is building an off-road vehicle in his garage so he can go off-roading with his friends.
- It also has an online travel magazine and a link to motoring advice on winter driving, off-roading and tyres - which carries the suggestion, you'll be amazed to learn, that you're better off with Michelin.
- The engines have been further developed to offer more torque at lower revs and to operate at more extreme angles to cope with tough off-roading.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.