In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(invariable adjective) color hueso
1color hueso masculino
- White or off-white is always a safe bet in terms of color selection.
- We had one rack of mat samples which included a few shades of white and off-white in acid-free boards.
- The opening shot reveals the hallway, painted a soft, off-white colour.
- If you want an added detail on your shoe, go for a pair with off-white stitching.
- Here, the background in both the hallway and dining room is off-white, a blend of creams and whites and eggshell.
- It was a pale blue with off-white trim reminding him of a beach cabin he stayed in for a week when he was a child.
- Then they left it like that for a few days, the back walls brinded grey and off-white, like a hybrid cow.
- Cream and off-white appeals to a wide audience and most people can contentedly ‘live with it’ in a new house.
- His colour palette was more along the lines of a sombre grey, black, various shades of brown and off-white.
- He said the man was wearing off-white board shorts, no shirt and had a shaved head.
- Painted on top of each are geometric shapes that range from dark green to magenta to off-white.
- I slipped on a pair of off-white heels, grabbed my purse and ran downstairs.
- He changes his off-white shirt for a beige one that makes him look, if anything, even more preternaturally pale.
- Khadi can often encompass many shades from oatmeal, to grey and off-white.
- There was no chance of snowfall, and the sky was a fine, mottled china-blue and off-white.
- It was pale off-white, and had granite counter tops, and electronics galore.
- Colour tends to be dark grey on the dorsal surface, fading to off-white on the belly.
- The guy looked ultra-cool in his off-white muscle tee and a pair of beige Dockers.
- There are some great designs in off-white jackets - they look good with one of our designer linen shirts.
- On his legs he wore a pair of off-white pants that cut off above his ankles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.