In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1recadero masculinobotones masculinomandadero masculino América Latina
- He started as an office boy at Swindon but he used to walk through the workshops where asbestos was being used.
- I immediately reported to the parking attendance and security personnel on duty, witnessed by my office boy.
- He started as an office boy and worked his way up to a place where he can laugh.
- He began his life as an office boy and rose to become a cinema hall owner and producer.
- His first art work experience was as an office boy and apprentice artist for Harper's Bazaar magazine drawing shoes.
- He had joined the Railway Works as an office boy, and his duties involved walking through workshops where asbestos was used.
- Notice the men in the foreground standing at their desks and the office boy towards the right in his stiff white collar.
- He left school at 15 and began work as an office boy at his local electricity service provider.
- He left school early to work as an office boy in a London underwriting and insurance company.
- He then worked as an office boy; studied shorthand; and became reporter of debates in the Commons for the Morning Chronicle.
- He began his working life as an office boy in City Hall at the age of 12.
- Jack was also the guy who mistook Gates for an office boy at the start of that meeting.
- Marvin, who was an office boy at the agency, is brought in later when pupil numbers increase.
- Even the office boy knows that, given the current strength of the economy, with strong growth and labour and other shortages, stimulating further spending by tax cuts is foolish.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.