In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I think when a movement happens, oftentimes it usually doesn't come down to one person.
- These men oftentimes made original contributions to scientific endeavor.
- Technology is all fine and well, but oftentimes we are reminded of the flawed human element which created it in the first place.
- We are also here on the beach seeing a lot of people, as you oftentimes do, here on the ocean front.
- Oftentimes the most successful developments are those that evolve slowly.
- Cultural dissonance oftentimes manifests itself in different lifestyles and preferences.
- They take multiple routes across a complex educational landscape, oftentimes without a roadmap.
- It was free flowing, oftentimes amusing, and almost like talking to a friend; very pleasant in all respects.
- The honesty and openness of her words are oftentimes scary, yet somehow surprisingly liberating.
- I think he distorts fact, and oftentimes his distortions are believed by a lot of people that ought to take another look.
- I think the real target oftentimes is not the underclass so much as it is college students.
- They come to see markets, then oftentimes spend more money in local shops.
- There is oftentimes an intense desire for a fresh start from a victim of disease who comes off of it, even for short periods of remission.
- He generally has struck during the week, and oftentimes has struck during the morning rush hour.
- She clowned around a little bit, which is really what oftentimes goes on in these sessions.
- In an oftentimes dull political world, his ability and feistiness come through.
- Oftentimes I see that players in form slumps really are just forgetting about doing the basics that they're supposed to be doing.
- Corporations have the money to snap up the tickets, and oftentimes the regular fan gets left out.
- You know, lawyers oftentimes get criticized about the justice system.
- Admittedly, military service does change a person and oftentimes for the better.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.