In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ogro masculinoshe's such an ogre — ¡es un ogro! coloquial
- It is a modern-day fairy tale complete with magic, an ogre, brave deeds, and the ultimate triumph of good over evil.
- At that moment, a witch or a giant or an ogre could have been holding that light.
- ‘Divorcees are not criminals, women are not angels, men are not ogres,’ he stated.
- But more obviously, elves live here, not trolls, ogres or dark elves.
- I met trolls and ogres and witches and carried secret weapons and magical words with me.
- I remember that there were lots of fairy tales that included giants of all kinds, from the ogres to some of the more ‘kindly’ giants.
- You do not fear the ogres and the trolls do you?
- Many kids are scared of monsters under the bed, ogres and bogeymen lurking in wardrobes and the cupboard under the stairs.
- Even as they insisted that they had done nothing wrong and that the Republicans were ogres for bringing it up, they launched a massive effort to staunch the scandal's flow.
- A comic-fantasy-adventure filled with magic and music, ogres and elves, giants and wicked stepsisters, the film revisits a classic fairy-tale world with a distinctly 21st century twist.
- Ella's journey to find a way to break the spell has its own dangers as she meets up with elves, ogres, giants, fairies, and of course a very charming prince.
- This kid friendly fairy tale about an unsightly ogre was both heartwarming and very funny.
- You can be the fairy princess, and I'll be an ogre who's coming to get you.
- The humans and elves fight against the monstrous orcs and ogres while the third group, called the Zerg, seek to destroy both of them.
- It was then that Congress, under the leadership of those great ogres, voted by veto-proof majorities to end the arms embargo.
- Monsters such as goblins, orcs, trolls, and ogres thrived here.
- Libraries are not silent, stuffy places where the staff are ogres, they are places for the whole community and we want as many people as possible to come here.
- You visit a lot of cities when you're being chased by a giant marketing ogre.
- When you're a kid, you grow up on fairy tales, witches and giants and ogres.
- I don't really like the film - I mean, if the main characters weren't ugly green ogres, I might have liked it better.
- She would hold it, gripping the handle as her father had taught her, and pretend to fight off giant ogres or evil witches with magical powers.
- Though the giant spiders composed of most of the creatures, there were also trolls, goblins, and ogres.
- It is a time when the very mention of witches, gnomes, hobgoblins and ogres is enough to conjure up a fantasy world populated with a multitude of such creatures.
- In fact, for all that he has been painted in some quarters as a manipulative ogre, one criticism that might be levelled at him is that he is too soft.
- We rested on his right shoulder as he sauntered above the trees, all the while telling us of the differences between ogres and giants.
- Why would we want to make them look like angels, when they are really ogres?
- From the depths of Gan came the ogres, the goblins, the trolls, and, of course, the leprechauns, who were later conquered by the good of elves.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.