In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1magnate del petróleo masculino
- I'm also hilarious and the son of an oil baron, so none of my supermodel girlfriends have ever broken up with me.
- During his re-election campaign, he will not pull the plug on millions from the oil barons.
- Firstly it would free us from the oil barons who are holding us to ransom.
- When he was younger and dreamed about what he would do if he wasn't The Prince, the notion of oil baron never came to mind.
- In the name of spurring an economic recovery, we could lose the wildlife preserve to the oil barons.
- Is it just me, or is the ideal of a national cinema bankrolled by oil barons somewhat dubious?
- Europe's oil barons are earning bigger salaries than their US counterparts for the first time in generations, thanks to big pay rises and the exchange rate.
- The Earth Lodge, with private butlers, private plunge pools, a health spa and a 6,000-bottle wine cellar, is the natural habitat of magnates, oil barons and celebrities.
- He plays Jett Rink, the rebellious ranch-hand who improbably strikes oil on his patch of land, much to the fury of the oil baron.
- Texas oil barons, industrial tycoons and Arab sheiks all made their fortunes on the back of the world's power resources.
- With the oil baron already behind bars and facing serious charges, a government takeover of his company may not be necessary.
- In 1921, the Oklahoma oil barons and businessmen needing more land for warehouses and factories were eyeing Greenwood's downtown location - and they didn't want to share it.
- In fact, many would-be local oil barons left the area or returned to their farms.
- Even in the USA, heavily influenced as it is by the oil barons, there are voices now speaking out about the damage our way of life is causing.
- The billionaire oil baron began to fund opposition parties and publicly hinted that he wanted to be president himself.
- His clout in the northeast makes him Scotland's top oil baron, but he thinks globally, employing more than 10,000 people in 30 countries.
- We have an oil baron for a president, and regular gas is $2.60 a gallon.
- They evoke a retro world of confident white CEOs in suits, oil barons, and the military industrial complex.
- We are all fed up with being continuously fleeced by both the Government and the oil barons.
- Many settled near Tulsa to take advantage of the oil boom, serving the oil barons as hired help - drivers, gardeners and maids.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.