In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It also has a deeper oil pan, a lighter and more compact water pump, accessory drives that are 37-mm closer to the block, and a redesigned exhaust manifold.
- I had a cracked radiator, a leaking oil pan, and various other minor things wrong with my engine - I'm sure to the tune of at least $400.
- The engine exhales through a 21-liter muffler and twin 15-liter resonators, and uses a cast-aluminum oil pan and liquid-filled engine mounts to reduce NVH levels.
- One such feature is the oil pan axle configuration that has the four-wheel drive differential bolted directly to the oil pan instead of to the frame.
- Having seen what engine vibrations look like at the bottom of an oil pan, I had a hunch our once finely balanced turbine had serious problems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.