In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pomada femeninoungüento masculino
- Apply a moisturizer cream or ointment if the perineal skin is chapped or dry after cleansing.
- Do not apply cream or ointment to broken skin and always follow the instructions on the packet.
- If emollients alone don't treat the condition, the next step is to use a steroid cream or ointment.
- Your will need to wash your face several times a day with a gentle cleanser, and apply antibiotic ointment or cream to aid healing.
- When the source of moisture cannot be controlled, it is appropriate to use barrier creams or ointments to protect the skin.
- Always talk to your health care provider before using any medicated creams or ointments to treat skin problems.
- Be sure to talk with your doctor if you are using a steroid cream or ointment to treat your itching.
- Some burns units treat difficult wounds such as facial burns by leaving them exposed and applying antimicrobial ointment.
- Are ointments and creams smooth and nongritty?
- The doctor might recommend creams, ointments, or lotions to ease symptoms.
- Doctors call these drugs vasodilators and they are available in a variety of forms, including tablets, sprays, skin patches and ointments.
- Prescription creams, ointments and lotions (called topical medicines) that you put on the affected areas are often used.
- Calcipotriol is available as a cream or ointment to treat plaque psoriasis and as a lotion for scalp psoriasis.
- She was prescribed sulphur ointment, which began to heal her infected skin.
- He had been applying a topical antibiotic ointment to the wound three times a day.
- The ointment keeps a heavy scab from forming and may reduce the size of a scar.
- In the past, treatment generally consisted of the use of topical corticosteroids in the form of creams, ointments, and lotions.
- Nowadays the condition is treatable with tetracycline eye ointment and tetracycline taken orally.
- Your GP will give you a course of oral antibiotics and/or an antibiotic cream or ointment.
- The cost of skin barriers and ointments is a drop in the bucket compared with the costs and ramifications from such problems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.