- This tends to make these oils suitable for edible use and only of limited value as oleochemicals.
- Domas president said recently that his company had secured a loan worth almost US $79 million from Bank Mandiri in 2002 to finance its 74-hectare oleochemical plant in Kuala Tandjung, North Sumatra.
- Laurate is the key raw material used in the manufacture of soap, detergent, food, oleochemical, and personal care products.
- Other bit part players in the beauty industry include ICI (LSE: ICI), whose Uniqema division manufactures oleochemicals and surfactants for products such as skin creams.
- In the UK, for instance, Petrofina's offices in Epsom, Surrey, have been closed and the oleochemical operations sold.