In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We must break the present supranational controls over nation-states, by the financial oligarchy.
- He and the Democrats have adopted a reactionary platform not because they think it is necessary to win the popular vote, but because such a program is required by the financial oligarchy that controls both major political parties.
- The oligarchy's determination to control extended well beyond the political arena to pervade all aspects of social life in the city.
- Businesses created by the Internet are undermining the control of traditional business-government oligarchies.
- The war is a policy supported by and conducted in the interests of a ruling oligarchy that both major parties represent and defend.
- Since independence, the blue in the flag has symbolized support for the ruling oligarchy, while the red has symbolized support for communism or resistance.
- No longer will this planet be controlled by financier oligarchies controlling central banking systems, and dictating to governments, what governments can and can not do.
- The way it controlled the subject peoples, the way the empires of Mesopotamia, in their time, controlled subject peoples: How does a small oligarchy control a large mass of people?
- The real power in U.S. political parties flows as money from the corporate oligarchy to a party oligarchy.
- Venice was controlled by a financier oligarchy.
- Thus it created an outlet for the social concerns of these groups while enabling the party oligarchy to retain control over the competing sectors within the single movement.
- The corporation controlled by the financial oligarchy eclipses the modern state and replaces the legal framework within which even the most authoritarian state operates with its sole Law - the urge for profit.
- You organize the world into different religions, and then set the religions to fight each other, as a way a small power, an oligarchy, can control the world: setting one group of people against the other.
- Team Progressives is trying to take over the UNC, which will mean the parasitic oligarchy will take control.
- Since the political system validates the commercial order, the oligarchy is vulnerable to a reassertion of control by the owners of public institutions.
- More and more, a financial oligarchy has wrested control of society.
- The power resided in an oligarchy, a financier oligarchy, which were the leading families of Venice, who were, in their financial aspect, called fondi, or funds.
- At home, war will exacerbate social polarization as an ever-greater share of the national income is transferred to both the financial oligarchy and the military.
- He went on to say that the demonstrations, and the fact that the war was being carried out despite such enormous opposition, expressed the deep chasm that exists between a ruling oligarchy and the vast majority of the world's population.
- Whether at home or overseas, the US government serves the interests of the financial oligarchy that controls both the Democrats and the Republicans.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.