In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ombudsman del pueblo femeninodefensor del pueblo masculino Perú Españadefensora del pueblo femenino Perú Españadefensor de los habitantes masculino Costa Ricadefensora de los habitantes femenino Costa Ricaprocurador de los ciudadanos masculino Puerto Ricoprocuradora de los ciudadanos femenino Puerto Rico
- But I always look at the work of the ombudsmen and the people who work in that office with a great degree of interest.
- The ombudsman helps settle individual disputes between consumers and financial services companies.
- Separate from the Banking Codes is the statutory Financial Services Ombudsman Service, encompassing eight previous private and public ombudsmen within the financial services sector.
- But then the government refused to answer, leading to a complaint to the parliamentary ombudsman.
- It can also be interpreted as part of a dangerous tendency to give judges, ombudsmen and other unelected actors authority over representative politicians.
- The support group eventually forces an official review by the police ombudsman.
- They are supposed to be the conscience of the government and the ombudsmen of the people.
- In April this year, Australia's seven ombudsmen expressed public concern over the increasing number of complaints about universities.
- All the other ombudsmen deal with staff complaints.
- Overall, this is not a radical report, but it does go some way to meeting widely held criticisms of the ombudsmen system in the public sector.
- Most ombudsmen and public editors in the U.S. really are dealing with very specific articles, which was of less interest to me.
- To tackle the issue, Wang requested that the city government recruited more consumer ombudsmen to investigate such cases, noting that Taipei has only one consumer ombudsman, while Taipei County has three.
- This culminated at the early part of this year with a complaint to the ombudsman over the Council's inaction.
- Last year, the number of complaints to the pensions ombudsman increased by a third.
- Two of the reports arose from investigations conducted by the Commonwealth ombudsman.
- These failures in human communication feature in many of the complaints investigated by the ombudsman's office.
- The appointment of an ombudsman or inspectorate does not go far enough.
- A district council spokesman said an ombudsman's complaint had been received and a solicitor has responded.
- Those ombudsmen or public editors should be writing weekly columns about newsroom operations, people, and decision-making.
- I favour in-house ombudsmen to receive complaints and publish responses, and to comment more broadly on decisions of the paper in the paper.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.