In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1omelette femeninotortilla femenino Españaplain omelet — omelette femenino
- cheese omelet — tortilla de queso
- Spanish omelet — tortilla española
- Fresh leaves can be added to soups, stews, omelettes or salads.
- Growers and ranchers start the day with frittatas, omelets, or chicken-fried steak and three eggs in this historic shack just off the Carneros Highway.
- The menu includes jacket potatoes, omelettes, pizza, and panini, and we wouldn't hesitate to have another snack here if the opportunity arose.
- They were only serving omelets and sausage today, for some insane reason.
- Unlike a classic omelette, you serve it open and finish it off under a grill so that it is set in the middle.
- A chef was stationed at one end to cook omelettes and serve bacon, sausages and black pudding.
- Fresh and colorful alfalfa sprouts, crisp and crunchy mung bean sprouts, or any of the half dozen other kinds of raw sprouts sold in America today add taste and texture to salads, sandwiches, soups, omelets, and other dishes.
- He once had a faddish private client who insisted on egg-white omelettes, to be cooked without butter or oil in the pan.
- My dish there was an omelet with American cheese and onions.
- I'd like an omelette plain and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast.
- And when I say breakfast, I don't mean just cereal and a bagel; I mean pancakes, omelets, sausage, bacon, the works.
- Mike Thomson, the owner/manager, will be serving bagels, omelettes, salads, home made soups and baking and pasta dishes.
- The things I can manage are omelettes, Caesar salads and macaroni-and-cheese.
- But there are sandwiches, omelettes, baked potato fillings, pasta sauces for when you are running on empty, and a picture of Karmel and her glowing offspring to inspire you to try harder when you reach for the freezer door.
- So many fresh foods are incredibly quick to prepare and easily assembled into tempting fast meals - such as soups, omelettes, warm salads and pasta dishes.
- Alongside the roast beef, a cook prepared fresh omelettes and pasta.
- Connie suggests pasta dishes such as spaghetti bolognese, omelettes, even a healthy salad.
- The meal included freshly baked bread, salad, omelettes, ham, sausages, maple baked beans and crêpes for dessert.
- Toss on a little salt after roasting and add to pasta, polenta, pizza and omelets.
- Egg-based dishes such as omelettes or frittatas which include cooked vegetables can be prepared quickly and make a wholesome entrée.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.