In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1on-street parking — aparcamiento en la vía pública masculino España
- Each home would have 1.5 car parking spaces plus some on-street parking.
- At midnight, parking giant NCP took control of on-street parking in Manchester from controversial Control Plus.
- As part of its strategy to encourage increased use of public transport, Hull Council has proposed new charges for on-street parking and council-owned car parks.
- The inflation-busting rises apply to both public car parks and on-street parking bays, and vary, depending on the location.
- She added the first part of the scheme has created more on-street short stay parking and said the new paving has almost been finished.
- This means there will be very little on-street parking available in this area.
- But now there is no hiding place for a foreigner if he or she overstays the welcome in the city's car parks or ignores on-street yellow line restrictions.
- Are the council's parking restrictions on quiet roads and their evening on-street charges congestion-relieving initiatives?
- New litter bins, cycle stands, additional on-street car parking bays and new, less obtrusive signs are also planned.
- It is understood that, whatever happens, the council will push ahead with its decision to hand control of on-street parking to NCP from the end of the month.
- The occupancy rate in relation to on-street parking in Fernshaw Road is between 94 and 100%.
- Last year, more than 400 people wrote to the council opposing the introduction of on-street short stay parking charges.
- Outside, they heard concerns about speed tables on Silver Street and on-street car parking enforcement.
- Residents may also be consulted over the re-introduction of some on-street evening parking.
- The steering group has conducted and mapped a survey of roads and pavements and highlighted areas of concern from congestion and narrow roads to on-street parking.
- A lack of parking spaces could lead to on-street car parking, causing congestion
- Prices for using car parks and on-street bays are going up, some by as much as 50 per cent.
- It is aimed at reducing the pressure for on-street car parking during events at the village hall.
- Restore on-street evening parking and make this tourist city the attractive, vibrant place it used to be to visitors.
- He parked his car in an on-street pay-and-display bay on Market Street, Bury, near to The Robert Peel pub, but deliberately did not purchase a ticket.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.