In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- An oncology consultant suggested radiation therapy for the lung lesion and head.
- A similar situation has been noted in paediatric oncology, with a lower than expected number of referrals for bone marrow transplant.
- Cheng is also an assistant professor of gynecology and obstetrics and oncology.
- She carried a heavy workload, much involved in paediatric oncology and the early days of bone marrow transplantation.
- These groups were cases in patients admitted to renal, oncology or haematology wards, and all other cases.
- He was referred to the department of oncology, and ultrasonography showed a calcified left paravertebral tumour.
- It represents the most exciting advance in solid tumour oncology over the past decade.
- All patients were seen together with a senior nurse from the gynaecological oncology unit.
- Radiology and oncology, which are both examined by the Royal College of Radiologists, were analysed separately.
- Other leaders in oncology have also urged continued study of this treatment.
- Considering the rapid changes in the field of medical oncology, each guideline undergoes a yearly update.
- After senior house officer posts in emergency medicine, oncology, and medicine, he was appointed to the Royal Marsden Hospital.
- In paediatric oncology this should include the track record of new treatments studied in earlier trials
- Because the paediatric oncology ward was full, the boy was admitted to a general paediatric ward.
- She willingly lectures at conferences on palliative care, oncology nursing, and pain management.
- In the past year colorectal cancer has been at the cutting edge of new developments in medical oncology.
- So this was really looking at the impact of medical oncology.
- Such arrangements should be considered for future studies in clinical oncology, especially those in which complex questions are asked.
- My research group runs training courses in communication skills for healthcare professionals working in oncology.
- She has previously worked at Mayo in the areas of orthopedic oncology and pediatric radiology.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.