In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(swimsuit) entero(sleeve/design) de una sola pieza
- Shrugging off that thought, she dressed in a one-piece swimsuit, covering it with a t-shirt and cut-off shorts.
- The men wore knee length wrap-around skirts or kilt like woollens as well as tunics, cloaks and even one-piece garments.
- The Fellhotel Iso-Syote supplies all the necessary snow gear, from one-piece snow suits to thermal gloves and balaclavas.
- Kathrine wore a purple one-piece swimsuit which she was not afraid to wear.
- She was wearing a simple, one-piece white sundress held up by two, almost invisible, pastel yellow straps - the darn things kept slipping off!
- You wear a T-shirt, but you also take a North Pole-tested one-piece snowsuit and wader-dungarees, just in case.
- All the men wore grey one-piece suits and had turbans that completely hid their features from her vision.
- As Lucia strode to her locker she passed a group of three girls slipping into their dark blue one-piece swimsuits.
- The white one-piece swimsuit she wore had been fitted with button clips - like the ones put on ski coats - at the shoulder straps and around the leg holes.
- Feeling very exposed and insecure, I persistently tugged on my one-piece swimsuit, hoping that it would cover more skin.
- Figure contests include a two-piece swimsuit round and a one-piece swimsuit round, with judges analyzing physiques and presentation.
- Meanwhile the dark-haired woman, who after all these years I still remember so vividly, wears an unbelievably sexy one-piece outfit that appears to be sewn from rags.
- On each occasion, she said, she was wearing a terrycloth robe over a black, one-piece Speedo swimsuit.
- The robe gapped open at the neck to reveal a bright yellow one-piece swimsuit.
- The first time I wore a one-piece swimsuit in public was on holiday. It was a hot sunny day near the pool at the hotel.
- Yet it seemed good enough to hand Jenny the title when packaged with the best physique on display in the one-piece swimsuit round that closes the show.
- The main garment is the del, a long, one-piece gown made from wool.
- She has blue pigtails and a white bikini one minute, a black bob and schoolgirl one-piece swimsuit the next.
- In winter a 7mm semi-drysuit and hood is recommended, in summer a 3 or 5mm one-piece wetsuit.
- I must have 5 or more one-piece bathing suits - usually a few in my car, some in my bag, one at work.
1traje de baño entero masculinobañador entero masculino España
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.