In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Indumentariade talla única
2(universal)(judgment/solution) para dejar contentos a todos
- Some styles are better than others, but there is no one-size-fits-all approach that works for everyone.
- This one-size-fits-all approach would not allow local jurisdictions to decide how much access is appropriate at each road end.
- What we've found is that consumers have very different needs that can't be fulfilled by a one-size-fits-all approach.
- The pay terms of the agreement were the best deal possible given the shortcomings of the one-size-fits-all approach, he said.
- Insurance underwriting is a skilled exercise and a one-size-fits-all approach is not appropriate.
- The real strength of Mills' book lies in her repudiation of a one-size-fits-all approach to domestic violence.
- We have to be careful with this one-size-fits-all approach.
- A one-size-fits-all legislative approach could disturb this balance.
- New Zealand's experience in economic and social development has shown that a one-size-fits-all approach does not get the best results.
- One of the fears about the new health set-up is that the service in an area like the North West could lose out in a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Individual laptops can overcome the limitations of traditional one-size-fits-all approaches to school education.
- Worse than that, it tries to have a one-size-fits-all sort of approach to the many professions and occupations involved in the health sector.
- He told a fathers' rights conference in Dublin he was committed to sensible reform of the one-size-fits-all approach to family legislation.
- In an effort to maintain success and enjoy balanced living we must remember that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to life.
- ‘It is right and proper that we don't take a one-size-fits-all approach,’ he said.
- So, in the absence of such a tool, government uses a one-size-fits-all approach to governing.
- His approach is not a one-size-fits-all recipe of quick fixes.
- Now is the time to abandon hierarchical norms, abandon the sink-or-swim approach to management, abandon the one-size-fits-all career path.
- The concern about Trips is that it is too much of a one-size-fits-all approach that works to the detriment of developing nations.
- The one-size-fits-all approach can never accommodate the vast differences in the intellectual capacity of individual pupils.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.