In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1matrimonio abierto masculino
- It's more akin to what the Californians call ‘an open marriage’, but it's not an open marriage.
- But I confess I'm hesitant to identify as queer, though not for the same reasons I'm hesitant to be open about the open marriage; precisely the opposite.
- The relationship with Europe will be more like an open marriage.
- Being married means you don't get to do that - I mean unless you both agree it's ok to have an open marriage - I don't remember agreeing to that.
- In truth, there are all sorts of marriages, and to name just a few there are: Marriages of convenience, civil marriages, common law marriages, mixed marriages, open marriages, shotgun marriages, and even marriage by proxy!
- He's had 3 open marriages, in which he lived with his wife and other girlfriend at the same time.
- Besides, most allegedly open marriages tend to be ajar on one side only - the man's.
- But set against that, he and his wife, who had an open marriage, had fostered successfully for years and were very highly thought of as foster parents.
- His parents lived in an urban commune, experimenting with drugs and an open marriage until their separation a couple of years before his mother died of brain cancer at 36.
- He and his wife, an executive in the computer industry, found their open marriage of two years could not survive the pressures of her move to the band's small city home base, nor her newfound desire for a family.
- In the 1970s, while part of an open marriage, he was involved with an undergraduate who was romantically connected to a lecturer elsewhere, with presumably the same freedom from bourgeois convention.
- Everything he did was quite bohemian by the standards of the day, he and his wife had a very open marriage and respected the rights of each other to do whatever and remained very close throughout their lives.
- He and his wife Mac had an open marriage that sometimes involved sharing the same man.
- She wants an open marriage, and I'm just not into that.
- I didn't think the fact that she was in an open marriage would affect me one way or the other.
- Trust and stability are essential qualities in any relationships - this is not a sign suited to open marriages or free and superficial relationships.
- I, too, am a part of society, with my freaky open marriage, and my really well-mannered kid who does sometimes swear, and my enjoyment of scotch, and my hatred of baseball, and my stay-at-home husband, and my inability to afford cable tv.
- Fizz then told her shocked family and friends that she had already known about Doc's interest in men and that they had an open marriage.
- Married for nearly 40 years, he and his wife, Martine, maintain an open marriage.
- Philippe confesses to several affairs over the years, but instead of breaking up like normal angry lovers would, the poor dope gets his lady to agree to an open marriage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.