In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sándwich sin tapa masculino
- Their menu offers a host of wholesome dishes, delicious homemade soups, open sandwiches on fresh home-baked bread, ciabattas, wraps and tempting salads.
- If you're being pedantic, I suppose this makes it more of an open sandwich, but in my book the mozzarella and pepperoni qualify it as pizza.
- Come New Year's Eve we had an 8ft high stack of ‘tinnies’ in the back porch and a table groaning under the weight of mini sausage rolls, open sandwiches and vol-au-vents.
- Something basic, like soup and a salad, or an open sandwich.
- Lunch at a work place, school, or institution is either homemade or available in kitchens or canteens, offering open sandwiches, hot meals, or a buffet table.
- Having neglected to pack more than a little fruit, we were delighted to discover the Auenfeld Alm, where we ate open sandwiches and delicious apricot cake.
- The open sandwiches of the day, all at £5.45, sounded appetising.
- Studying the ascent of man makes me feel I'm a poor representative of all that hard work by my predecessors, since I'm uncertain, indecisive, cowardly, and poor at solving problems like how to open sandwich packs in service stations.
- From the list of open sandwiches, Ann chose a prawn special on brown bread.
- In Denmark fish is eaten mainly as part of a hot meal, in an open sandwich, or cold in a green salad or pasta salad.
- It's American style and the huge, open sandwiches and prize winning burgers are certainly to be recommended.
- Penny herself made some lovely open sandwiches with local mascarpone and figs, contrasted by some prosciutto from a little bit further afield.
- At lunch-time, we cruised into a sparkling bay of crystal water, and with the sun warming our backs, we ate open sandwiches, and downed Swedish beer.
- They present a new menu that offers hot and cold dishes made from locally grown seasonal produce, as well as exotic open sandwiches, home-made soups, salads, fresh baked breads, croissants, and mouth watering desserts.
- They ended up by eating their order as open sandwiches.
- The menu covers all eventualities, from salads and burgers to open sandwiches, steaks and chicken, as well as grilled and poached salmon.
- We do everything from open sandwiches to salmon and a carvery.
- They can be simple open sandwiches with the usual toppings of cheese and chutneys or those with unusual fillings and shapes.
- With head chef Pauline Dunne, they started their food service with a menu featuring freshly-made open sandwiches and wraps, spicy chicken wings and homemade soups.
- I have just put up a recipe for Liptauer cheese spread and Hungarian open sandwiches: Something different.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.