In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mesa de operaciones femenino
- In the operating theatre, lying comfortably on the operating table, the local anaesthetic injections are given into the skin on both sides of the scrotum.
- At this point the consultant got up and, without diverting his gaze, walked straight past me to the operating table.
- To prevent pressure sores, the operating table was covered with silicon jelly pads.
- An operating list should stop if a patient dies on the operating table, and the surgeon should not operate for the rest of that day.
- After implantation of the sensor, each subject was seated on the exercise bench, which was attached to the operating table.
- The arms were positioned along the body on the operating table.
- His patient jumped from the operating table, pulled up his trousers and fled, never to be seen again.
- In this technique, the patient is placed supine on the operating table and general anesthesia is induced.
- The ISA agent, content with his work, took a seat after he had strapped the patient to the operating table.
- But the amount of time patients are actually being treated on operating tables has barely changed with theatres being used for an average of just 27 hours a week, compared to 26 hours in 2004.
- Every hundredth patient dies on the operating table, and unpleasant side effects kill and bring much suffering to others.
- Hydrogen and methane are highly flammable, which has led to some tragic accidents on the operating table.
- The procedure begins by placing the patient on the operating table in supine position.
- Shame doesn't begin to represent the experience of lying on an operating table surrounded by nurses, your nethers exposed, and tears in your eyes.
- If possible, the site of the operation should be positioned lower than the level of the heart, by repositioning the patient or tilting the operating table.
- His relief failed to arrive and he eventually had to be dragged away from the operating table exhausted.
- Part of the patient's heart was punctured, and she died on the operating table.
- During the surgery the patient died on the operating table.
- The Regents' elegant dining room table served as an operating table for the two Thai doctors who worked for hours repairing our injuries.
- He told me that he had a bad feeling about the surgery and said that he was afraid that he would die on the operating table.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.