In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For 50 years Dr Magauran worked as an ophthalmic medical practitioner for a firm of opticians in Sutton and Epsom and also saw private patients in her home.
- Now, there are only 5,000 optometrists, 15,000 ophthalmic surgeons and 25,000 opticians.
- We looked at the healthcare industry and the ophthalmic spectrum as areas of very favorable market potential.
- This text will be of interest primarily to veterinary ophthalmologists, ophthalmic pathologists, and ocular oncologists.
- In the present study, we detail the range of ophthalmic findings encountered at autopsy and address their clinical relevance.
2(clinic) oftalmológico(clinic) de oftalmología
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.