In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Initially qualifying as an ophthalmic optician, he returned to his first love, medicine.
- Respecting the professionalism of their ophthalmic opticians, I shan't mention the name of the firm, but I'd have thought that after 250 years in business they'd have got their administrative act together.
- Helen qualified as an ophthalmic optician two years ago.
- Thanks to Lawrence and Mayo, one of the leading ophthalmic opticians in the city, nearly 100 residents of an apartment at Jawahar Nagar, Kadavanthra, got their eyes tested on their premises on Sunday.
- Subject to the following provisions of this section, a person who is not a registered medical practitioner or registered ophthalmic optician shall not test the sight of another person.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.