In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In 1892, there was only a rudimentary understanding of the relationship between increased intraocular pressure and optic neuropathy.
- Vigilance is needed for any features of possible optic neuropathy, such as blurred vision, impaired colour perception, and reduced visual acuity
- All patients were diagnosed as having anterior optic neuropathy.
- The ophthalmic artery may have a separate foramen located between the optic foramen and the superior orbital fissure.
- ‘Good,’ he said, ‘and what are the causes of primary optic atrophy?’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.