- In 1892, there was only a rudimentary understanding of the relationship between increased intraocular pressure and optic neuropathy.
- Vigilance is needed for any features of possible optic neuropathy, such as blurred vision, impaired colour perception, and reduced visual acuity
- All patients were diagnosed as having anterior optic neuropathy.
- The ophthalmic artery may have a separate foramen located between the optic foramen and the superior orbital fissure.
- ‘Good,’ he said, ‘and what are the causes of primary optic atrophy?’