In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These research priorities involve addressing poverty through the integrated development of rural and urban areas, optimising human resources and understanding the new economy.
- The plan was to optimise the resources of land, real estate, roads, and other utilities to streamline development.
- In an earlier article, we highlighted how to optimize stock to deal with the uncertainty in forecasting demand.
- The council is to set up an Olympic Games Committee to optimise all possible opportunities emanating from the London games.
- Dr Hamilton, Author of Passing Exams says that having good self-esteem should optimise your chances in the exam hall.
- This lack of data constrains the ability of policy makers to choose a mix of deterrents that optimises program effectiveness.
- In the lab, we optimized conditions and ran all the reactions in the same thermal cycler.
- The exclusion of such men optimises the effectiveness of screening by increasing the level of participation.
- When used as part of a comprehensive greens-management program, Micro-Gro Plus reduces the need for fertilizers and fungicides, and optimizes playing conditions.
- It is a standard assumption in plant ecology that plants respond to their environment in such a way as to optimize their resource use.
- To optimise the effectiveness of your company's website, you must firstly identify the keywords of most relevance to the products or services you offer.
- But I have stabilised, and I have optimised my chances of living on into a reasonable old age.
- Early identification of children at risk for reading failure optimizes the chances for effective intervention.
- So we need to be able to look at things broadly and regionally so we can optimize the right resources.
- There is generally no need to stop drinking alcohol before pregnancy, although couples with infertility problems should cut it out to optimise their chances.
- But we have to consider how best to optimize our resources and find our way back to the enormous success we have had in previous years.
- However, optimizing your chances of properly filtering the information you receive is critical.
- High achievement for diverse groups of learners is an outcome of the skilled and cumulative pedagogical actions of a teacher in creating and optimising an effective learning environment.
- Ms. Shyam believes that by using alternative energy and recycling as much as possible, the institute can optimise use of its resources.
- Democracy is messy and does not guarantee outcomes that optimize the life circumstances of those it empowers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.