In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Attention should be placed on the correct type of computer furniture and also optimum lighting.
- A customer can be confident that the bottle taken from the retailer's shelf will be at optimum maturity.
- After slaughter, it ought to have been hung for approximately 28 days for optimum texture and flavour.
- At Macy's age, the optimum amount of alcohol for her to consume is less than one unit a day.
- The single will be launched on The Late Late Show with the hope of reaching optimum sales in Christmas week.
- Positioning oneself for optimum tanning on a Balearic beach requires some thought.
- All his businesses are run to deliver optimum value and performance to shareholder and customers.
- The garden has a water feature, paving and decking as well as plants that provide optimum scents.
- So it is irrelevant what he or she thinks is a fair, just, or optimum law or philosophy of life.
- There is a body of evidence that only custom fitted suits give optimum performance.
- So did you find that there was any sort of optimum age for starting school?
- So why are some of those who manage to provide this optimum environment for their children now demanding to be compensated?
- Choose a plot that receives optimum sunshine and avoid steep slopes.
- He admits he was not in optimum shape last season, and his performances suffered as a result.
- Visit the bookshop or fill out a questionnaire to see what supplements you need to keep yourself in optimum condition.
- It's going to take at least six to eight months under optimum conditions to grow another stem cell.
- The state's role is to gently guide the actions of each individual, so that the optimum outcome for all is reached and sustained.
- When they attacked him, he made optimum use of his energies and floored them all.
- It avoids wasting lime and fertiliser, which in turn leads to optimum yields.
- Physically he looks really well - his coat is black and glossy and he's probably about optimum weight.
1the optimum is around 600 — lo ideal es alrededor de 600
- conditions are at their optimum — las condiciones son óptimas / sumamente favorables
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.