In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1accesorio opcional masculinoextra masculino
- The strap is an optional extra; you often see adverts for personalized ones in the papers, although plenty of luggage shops like Salisburys sell them.
- On top of this, an electronic climate control, normally an optional extra costing £800, is available at a cut price of £250.
- Over the past 18 months almost every car manufacturer has begun including adaptive headlamps in its list of optional extras.
- It is available as an optional extra for 2.0-litre models and above.
- The system is available as an optional extra on the latest SLK-Class roadster which goes on sale here in the summer.
- The test car was fitted with plenty of optional extras.
- But for the cars that seem to have everything, there are some optional extras available.
- Sales and marketing director Tracey Brady says: ‘We want to provide our customers with a wide choice of quality optional extras that will help them create their dream home.’
- This was supplied with new kits and made available as an optional extra for existing aircraft.
- The problem had been selecting the optional extras.
- Automatic window wipers and folding, electrically heated door mirrors are optional extras.
- Another optional extra is a video of the flight, captured on an in-flight camera.
- There are also a few optional extras available including seat warmers and a keyless entry system.
- Also fairly impressive is the list of optional extras available for this American built machine.
- Gloves were not an optional extra - they were as essential to your outfit as the right shoes or bag.
- Lunch available in Stradbally is an optional extra.
- It makes sense that the more optional extras you go for, the heavier the vehicle will be.
- The multicolour seat, featured in the previous model, continues to be available as an optional extra.
- Sauces and side orders are an optional extra, but sometimes the large, beautiful portions are quite enough by themselves.
- A range of optional extras is available enabling a client to configure a system that best suits needs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.