In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femenino agua de azahar
- The taste is very deep and complex, unlike anything I have ever experienced: it lingers in your mouth and nose in a powerful way, and tastes almost perfumey, a bit like orange flower water or rose water.
- Combine the orange juice, orange flower water, Cointreau, honey, sultanas and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to melt the honey.
- Add the aniseed, sesame seeds, almond, orange flower water, and the remaining water.
- But I especially love them drizzled with honey with a hint of orange flower water.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, combine the flour, two tablespoons of butter, orange flower water, and salt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.