In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Certain plants such as orchids and some varieties of bromeliads will do best in mediums made especially for them.
- The plants that he uses include ferns, bromeliads, orchids and palm trees.
- Only a few epiphyte ferns, orchids and bromeliads have been studied genetically.
- To maintain the supply of orchids and tropical plants, the company has a tissue culture lab that can produce two to three million plants a year.
- This common, damaging pest likes to feed on the roots of Hawaii's colorful and exotic tropical orchids.
- Other flowers that work well include stephanotis, tulips and orchids.
- Blooming plants such as orchids and kalanchoe need more light than palms.
- The venue is a hotel resort set in a lush tropical garden overflowing with orchids and other native flowers.
- Lady slippers and some kinds of cymbidium are terrestrial orchids.
- Butterflies and bogflies flutter above and around trefoils, daisies, clovers, sea-pinks and orchids.
- Many tropical orchids are epiphytes, growing on the side of trees, and will not do well if their roots stay wet.
- The next phase will be completed by next July, which will then include up to 10,000 plant species from banana plants to rare orchids.
- Meanwhile, a large number of plants, such as orchids and sandalwood, have been smuggled into domestic and overseas markets.
- Where else can you grow bromeliads and orchids outside by simply hanging them in trees?
- Sales of orchids and other tropical plants amount to a huge export industry.
- Bamboos, ferns, bromeliads, epiphytes and orchids will all thrive in this microclimate.
- Use the shelf created by the window for an orchid or another tropical plant.
- Flowering epiphytes - bromeliads, orchids and cacti - are presented most commonly.
- Because orchids are primarily tropical epiphytes and small herbs, they do not have a fossil record.
- There were white roses, pink roses, bright yellow sunflowers, lilies, daisies and orchids.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.