In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ordinal masculinonúmero ordinal masculino
- This pattern of language differences for ordinal numbers is reminiscent of findings for cardinal numbers in a number of ways.
- It basically revolves round the set of all ordinal numbers.
- We should say immediately that the ancient Greeks had different systems for cardinal numbers and ordinal numbers so we must look carefully at what we mean by Greek number systems.
- His work on ordered sets and ordinal numbers is fundamental to the subject.
- However, it was not to be, but the second paper describes his theory of well-ordered sets and ordinal numbers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.