In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That said, however, roast lamb can take a variety of flavours, from mint, rosemary and oregano to anchovies, garlic and even coffee.
- Combine with the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- While I was out there I pruned back the mint, rosemary and oregano plants which were past their best.
- Dry spices are fine too, including garlic, paprika, basil, rosemary and oregano.
- Thyme, oregano, basil, tarragon, and parsley are all likely contenders for windows with ledges at nose height.
- Fill containers with herbs, such as oregano, trailing rosemary, salvias, or thyme.
- With a silent apology, Beth nipped off a few leaves from the potted sage, oregano, and tarragon and chopped them up finely and set them aside.
- Then a handful of fresh, chopped oregano, thyme, basil and tarragon was added.
- Starting from crushed tomatoes, add oregano, basil, thyme, chilies, real Parmesan, fresh garlic and more.
- As was my feta cheese, which had been marinated in lemon thyme and oregano and came with crispy salad leaves and chargrilled vegetables.
- My favorite herbs to grow are basil, oregano, lemon balm, parsley and mint.
- Avoid whole herbs with woody or rigid stems, such as oregano, sage, rosemary, tarragon, or marjoram.
- Mix together the paprika, dried garlic, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano and thyme in a bowl.
- Many herbs get a head start when planted now, so put in some coriander, fennel, marjoram, oregano and parsley.
- Add the onion, garlic, leek, gingerroot, lemongrass, thyme, oregano, and lime leaf.
- Try it with basil, bay, garlic, thyme, and even oregano to add depth and a subtle perfume to your foods.
- Try more flavourings such as curry, fresh lemon juice, garlic, onions, oregano, basil and cumin.
- Plant seedlings of basil, chives, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, and thyme.
- I have used everything from cinnamon, nutmeg and cumin to oregano, basil and rosemary and a lot of other herbs in hamburger dishes.
- Once the aubergines are cooked, scatter the torn basil, lemon thyme and oregano over the top, and finish by adding a splash of good red wine vinegar.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.