In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1química orgánica femenino
- The field of environmental chemistry calls on organic chemistry, biochemistry and a heck of a lot of biology.
- The fellowships are awarded in synthetic organic chemistry and computational chemistry.
- Both these guys have PhD's - one in organic chemistry, the other in physics - but if you saw them down the pub or talked to them you'd have no idea.
- Dehydration, in the sense of formation of a water molecule through chemical reaction, is an important part of organic chemistry and biochemistry.
- The article reported that astronomers have allegedly found vast waves of water vapor and traces of carbon molecules that can play a basic role in organic chemistry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.