In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A bone scan showed osteomyelitis of the left sacroiliac joint and inflammation of multiple muscles.
- A complete exam should be performed including a musculoskeletal exam for septic arthritis and osteomyelitis, neurologic exam, and skin exam.
- Approximately one-third to two-thirds of patients with diabetes who have foot infections will develop osteomyelitis.
- Osteitis or osteomyelitis may be observed with imaging studies, but bone biopsy may be necessary.
- The presence of deep infection with abscess, cellulitis, gangrene, or osteomyelitis is an indication for hospitalization and prompt surgical drainage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.